make your life your living
The hot yoga teacher training program gives you the knowledge and skills necessary to become a certified hot yoga teacher.
In 250 hours, you’ll learn to teach the Hot Yoga Primary Series – originally defined by Bikram Choudhury – the essentials of yoga philosophy, and the anatomy and physiology that supports yoga science.
You will also deepen your own practice through daily posture mechanics, various yoga classes and personal feedback.
The price of tuition is $3,900; for more information click here.
WHY our program is transformative in every way – hot yoga teacher training
- 250 hours of in-depth instruction on yoga philosophies, postures and alignment, anatomy and physiology, class scripts, and meditation.
- Experiential training with up to two classes a day. Schedule and program may vary depending on location..
- Instruction on how to teach evolation’s warm 60, hot 90, and chill 30 classes.
- Hands-on instruction in small, intimate groups.
- Practice and preparation through teaching actual classes.
- Access to senior teachers and the collective knowledge of evolation teachers worldwide.
- Continued support and guidance throughout your teaching career.
flexible and accessible training options
evolation offers three distinct ways for you to complete your teacher training:
- Immersion – 30 days in a row without any break in between
- Modules – training is divided into four modules. Students may access modules in different locations and at different times to suit individual schedules.
- Extended – training extends over a 5 or 6 month period occurring mostly on nights and weekends. This training, which includes attendance in at least one Immersion module, can be configured to meet your individual work, school and family schedule(s).
professional growth opportunities
- Assistance finding teaching positions in evolation yoga studios.
- Access to the evolation Collective – a network of teachers and studios where you can seek professional opportunities, share experiences, ask for insights and ideas, and offer assistance to others.
- Yoga classes for life! evolation trained teachers receive free yoga for life as long as they are actively teaching yoga.
WHAT the curriculum includes
yoga history & philosophy
* Basic history, philosophy & evolution of yoga
* Eight kinds of Yoga
* Eight steps of Yoga
* Five steps of Hatha Yoga
* The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
* Philosophy and lineage of Paramhansa Yogananda and Bikram Choudhury
asana – posture
* Knowledge of basic asanas
* Basic yogic anatomy & physiology
* Subtle Anatomy & Chakric System
* Alignment & how to avoid injuries
* Medical benefits
* How to read bodies
* Balance between body, mind and breath
pranayama – breathing
* The use of breath as a transformative tool for Self-awareness
* Breath control
* Different breathing techniques
* Exploration of benefits
* What meditation is, and why it’s practiced
* Variety of meditation techniques and tools
* Quieting the mind to develop deeper levels of awareness
* Connecting with nature and the world you live in
* Connecting with the true Self
the art of teaching
* How to address a group of students
* How to use your own body as a teaching tool
* How to use your voice, volume, tempo, and pacing
* How to correct postures
* Choosing the right words
* Energy, passion, confidence, humor
* Using your own presence and Self-awareness as a transformative teaching tool
click a date to learn more
New York City, NY:
Santa Barbara, CA:
Traveling – Italy:
Santa Barbara, CA:
Santa Barbara, CA:
Travel dates should be the Sunday before the first day of the training and the last Sunday of the training.
hot yoga teacher training prices
The evolation hot yoga teacher training costs €3900 if studied in Europe or $3900 if studied in one of the locations outside of Europe. Your teacher training begins as soon as you commit to the path. A deposit of €2000 (or $2000) secures your place at one of the immersion dates, and once you send in your deposit you will receive the teacher training manual so you can begin preparing for the course. If registration is within 60 days of the immersion training date then you must pay in full to secure your place.
The deposit is non-refundable but if there is any need to change your plans, it can simply be used for a different training location or date.
Accommodation costs vary from location to location. Typically it costs between €1500 and €2100 for four weeks in Europe and $1500 to $2100 for four weeks outside Europe. In Santa Barbara for example, food is included in the accommodation price, and the cost is $2100. Each location on our teacher training page explains how much accommodation is at that particular training. Housing and food costs must be paid within 45 days of the start of the training.
The trainings are kept small so you get the most out of your experience, never having questions left unanswered. You are welcomed into this loving environment where you not only learn about yoga, you learn about yourself. The best part is that you become a member of this amazing family. You feel supported throughout your training and once you have graduated those communication pathways stay open. The friendships you create here are with you for a life time.– Emily Brown, Tampa 2013
Thank you, for your knowledge, wisdom and your way of teaching each lesson as though it was your first, full of enthusiasm and passion keeping us engaged and inspired every step of the way. I miss everyone so much already, it's weird to be out of the bubble!– Katie Lowsley Williams, Tampa 2013
An awesome experience, was so thrilled to be part of the 1st Teacher Training here in Melbourne. Helped deepen my practice and equipped me to be a good teacher someday...A total win experience for me.– Jessica Biscocho, Melbourne 2014